Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Cannot mount arca swiss (Kirk) to my Markins Q-20 ball head

prophotoman

Oakdale, US
253 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
prophotoman Registered since 27th Jun 2009
Tue 04-Dec-12 07:29 PM | edited Tue 04-Dec-12 08:11 PM by prophotoman

A few weeks ago I purchased the Markins Q-20 ball head with screw clamp (not lever), D700 L-Bracket by Kirk and an adaptor plate for my 70-200 and Sigma 150-500 lens adaptor plates... all arca swiss compatable. i BOUGHT THEM FROM THE PRO SHOP ON THIS WEBSITE. I am unable to get the L bracket or lens brackets to slide past the stop pin on the arca swiss mount on the ball head. I thought that the l bracket and adaptor plates and arca swiss mount on the ball head were supposed to work together... so I must be doing something wrong. How do I get the plates and bracket to slide past the spring loaded stop pin on the arca swiss mount. I do get the grooves lined up.

I "think" I remember how I hooked my mounts with the ball head. Do I have to loosen the knob to open up the grooves completely in order to get my l bracket securely mounted? It seems that's the ony way to get it to work right. It's been months since I used my tripod... my old ball head was from manfrotto and I could just slide the adaptor plate into the grooves on the ball head...

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G