Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Base plate for Gitzo GT3541

gdebjit

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gdebjit Registered since 15th Nov 2012
Tue 27-Nov-12 12:38 AM | edited Tue 27-Nov-12 07:11 PM by gdebjit

I recently bought a Gitzo GT3541. Since I don't need the center column, I tried removing it but the attachment is not that strong overall. A little twist on the plate will turn it and the head becomes little wobbly. I am using Arca Swiss Z1 with it. I may be doing something wrong here but wanted to check what others have to say about removing the center column and attaching the head directly on the plate. Is this stable enough ?

Also, I wanted to get the Markin Tb-30 for it but Markins website says that TB-30 doesn't fit GT3541L purchased after Apr. 2012, which is my situation. Any other manufactures makes the same kind of base plate ?

Anybody knows what exactly the difference is between the older and 2012 models for 3541 ? I know that they did a lot of design change for the Systematic/Mountaineer series and introduced a 2 version (ex, GT3542LS) but don't see any information on the version 1 of the Mountaineer series (GT3541) though. I have a GT2541 (alongwith TB-21) purchased 2 yrs before and don't see any visible difference in design between the 2 and 3 mountaineer series.

Thanks in advance.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Base plate for Gitzo GT3541

G