Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
wdcrvr

Vancouver, CA
87 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
wdcrvr Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Sep 2012
Thu 11-Oct-12 12:54 PM | edited Thu 11-Oct-12 02:56 PM by wdcrvr

As a new Nikonians member and a newcomer to this forum, I started where most new members start...with the FAQ pages. These resource pages are copious, well-written, and encyclopedic in their coverage of the topics. I read through them all and thought I had a pretty good grasp of the basic concepts of camera support. Enough, at least, to understand the majority of topics and threads in this forum.

It is only after following the topics for a few weeks and participating in a long thread about "upgrading my tripod", with Gianluca, Neil, and J. Ramon that I finally realized that I didn't understand as much as I thought I did.

So I went back and read all of the FAQ pages again. Slower this time. And this time I think I finally "got it".

No matter how well-written and detailed a set of FAQ pages are, it takes a certain level of understand of the topic to be able to really appreciate the wealth of information contained in them. When you do, you suddenly realize how golden that information is.

I just wanted to personally thank J.Ramon for the incredible set of information contained in these FAQ documents. And thank you also to Neil, and the other moderators and members for being so generous with your time, your experience and your knowledge.

One thing is for sure....my next tripod purchase will be much better informed than my first one!

Thank you, JRP!

Regards,
Fred

----------------------------------------------------
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G