Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Tripod Travel to Africa - Newby Seeks Advice

Chadmeister

Oklahoma City, US
13 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Chadmeister Registered since 02nd Jun 2012
Sat 06-Oct-12 08:42 PM

Hi all,

I recently found out I will be traveling to west Africa for a long stay. I want to take advantage of my time there and bring my D90 with. I am a brand spankin' new photographer and am in my third local photography class. I have much much to learn. I am hoping to buy a tripod to take with me that will let me get out there and photograph things. I am not able to afford the foreign made big buck tripods (but I am sure they are worth every penny). I have one lense and hope to get one more before I depart. I have maybe $200. I think a ball setup would probably work best. Any recommendations? Don't want a regretful purchase and one that breaks down in a third world country or when I get back. Any tips on traveling with camera gear, equipment in a coastal climate, is VERY appreciated.
Chad

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G