Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Problem with TB-30 on a GT3541

tegel

Ann Arbor, US
348 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
tegel Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 12th Jan 2005
Wed 03-Oct-12 06:33 PM | edited Wed 03-Oct-12 06:37 PM by tegel

I recently purchased the GT3541 and on the advice read here ordered the Markins TB-30 base plate. Unfortunately, it does not quite fit. It is very close, but I can't get the base plate threads to reach the tripod threads without applying a lot of force (which I do not want to do). Has anyone else experienced this? I will be sending the base plate back, and am wondering if I just got a defective one or if it is not compatible with my tripod model. The GT3541L is explicitly listed as being compatible, and from what what I can tell the GT3541 is identical except for the leg length.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom
Ann Arbor, MI

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G