Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Recommendations for a table-top tripod

jdearman

Amarillo,Texas, US
182 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jdearman Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Nov 2005
Wed 18-Jul-12 08:38 PM

I need to find a table-top tripod ,if such exist, that will accept my Wimberley head and 600mm Nikon w/ a D2X.

I know this is a lot to ask and the thought never crossed my mind before--- I have this opportunity to get an old Deer blind that is perfect for wildlife photography,however, its construction prevents the use of my large tripod.

I know absolutely nothing about small tripods and would appreciate any and all advice, recommendations and suggestions.

One last comment, I am fully aware of the cost of a quality large tripod and I imagine that an equal quality small one would be just as expensive, however, this Deer blind is going to cost around $400.00; so I am sure you can see that a top dollar smaller tripod dedicated to this one use would be economically out of the question. Does a smaller one exist that would do the job around that same price as the blind or below? If not, it would probable be wise to just forget the whole idea.

Again, your thoughts would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G