Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

PPS and the TH 300(and 200)

billg71

Acworth, GA, US
1484 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
billg71 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Aug 2006
Thu 21-Jun-12 12:43 AM

Haven't been around much lately but checked in the other day to see what the TB-21 was selling for(I just bought a GT2531). Saw the listing for the TH300, searched around a little and decided it was exactly what I needed for my 3541XLS. Great idea, kudos to Markins, JRP and whoever else had input into the design! My only complaint on the big Gitzo was the bulkiness, this fixes it in spades. Gotta have one RIGHT NOW!

Hi, my name's Bill and I'm an impulse buyer.... As I suspect most of you reading this are as well.

So I went back to the PPS page, scrolled down only to find that the "expected arrival" as indicated by the red square is 14-21 days. Bummer! No way I can wait three weeks, this is the greatest thing since sliced bread!

So I go check the Markins USA website, they have them in stock. Ordered one, checked out, got an order confirmation immediately and a shipping notice later the same day.

So my question is "Whassup wid dis?" If we(Nikonians) are so tight with Markins why is there a 3-week wait for an item they have in stock? I could drive from Vancouver to Louisiana quite a few times in three weeks, how does the PPS get shipments, Pony Express?

I'm sad to say this only reinforces previous experiences I've had with the PPS, I've even called for a stock check only to find I'm back-ordered. Not a good way to do business....

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting the TH-300, according to UPS it'll be here in Georgia having traveled all the way from Vancouver in 6 business days. I can live with that versus three weeks plus from Louisiana.

Just saying....

Bill

Georgia Nature Photographers Association

Click on image to view larger version

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G