Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Feisol monopod question

DavidN4

Johns Creek, US
272 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
DavidN4 Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Nov 2011
Mon 18-Jun-12 01:47 PM

I need a new monopod, as my current cheapo doesn't seem to be able to support my 80-200 AF-S properly. While I wanted something really compact when collapsed, after much searching and reading, it appears that I would be better off to stick with a normal length monopod.
That brings me back to my original intention, getting a Feisol 1401 or 1471.
My heaviest lens currently is a 80-200 AF-S, and I doubt that I would ever be able to afford more than a 400mm. I will probably get a pro body later, and generally have a SB-800 on the camera.
My current thought is to get the 1471, since the price difference is small, and the compacted length is similar. Is there any reason that I should not get the 1471, and opt for the 1401 instead? I have not seen either of these monos in person, and only have the internet to compare them though.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Feisol monopod question

G