Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

055XB or 055XPROB or ??

stevenfstein

US
41 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
stevenfstein Registered since 02nd Nov 2007
Tue 05-Jun-12 10:15 AM

I'm planning on getting the Sigma 50-500 so need a tripod. Plan on using it with the Manfrotto 498RC4 ballhead. I know that the XB is favored on this board but B&H, at least by reviews, seems to sell substantially more XPROB models. Will be using the 50-500 mostly for zoo photography but plan on taking a cruise to Alaska as well. Don't want to carry something too heavy (been there, done that) and I know CF is lighter but probably can't justify $700 plus for a Gitzo for the amount I will be using. I mostly use the Nikon 18-200. I'm 5'6" and probably shrinking a touch and my strength is no where what it used to be. Would the 055CX3 be a better choice? Other suggestions? The more you read the more confusing it becomes.

Many thanks.... Steve

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 055XB or 055XPROB or ??

G