Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Req. Clarification Which Gitzo Models w/Top Plate Issue

James_F

Prescott, US
559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
James_F Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jan 2007
Mon 04-Jun-12 10:38 PM

I've read Neil's blog about Gitzo top plate issues and have seen something here some time ago (but cannot find the thread which must be old by now). Not sure I understand the "V1" nomenclature he used.

I am a little confused as to which Gitzo models and/or which "vintage" of Gitzo tripods have the top plate issue where it could come loose and fall out (with one's expensive rig, etc.).

I have the 3540LS with which I quite happy. However, I don't know if this is the vintage of Gitzo that has the potential problem.

Jim F. from Prescott, AZ
http://jamesfarrell.smugmug.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Req. Clarification Which Gitzo Models w/Top Plate I...
Reply message Thanks Neil and Marty: Follow Up Question ...
     Reply message RE: Thanks Neil and Marty: Follow Up Question ...

G