Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

GITZO 3541 tripod and markins Q20 ball head

avintensity

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
avintensity Registered since 28th Feb 2012
Sat 19-May-12 10:52 PM

Good evening fellow nikonians:
I recently purchased a gitzo 3541 tripod and markins Q20 ball head mostly on the advise on this website. I expected to remove the center column so as to take advantage of close to the ground shots with the support system. The problem is there does not appear to be a way to secure create a secure platform once the center peace is removed. The included pieces do not assemble tightly to even consider trying to put the ball head on it. I know there is a separate piece you can buy but in the nikonians pro shop. I have googled for a video on you tube or just google and I cannot seem to find one that shows you how to do this. It seems strange that you spend 700 for a tripod that advertises low stable shots and then you cannot set it up to use it for that purpose. Any suggestions would be most welcome. I need to contact customer support which I have not done yet.
Alex

G