Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

410 Geared Head Question

walk43

Pennsylvania, US
719 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
walk43 Registered since 07th Feb 2012
Thu 10-May-12 02:02 PM | edited Thu 10-May-12 09:46 PM by walk43

When I have my 4-way rail on the 410, I have to screw down my camera ONTO the 4-way rail threaded screw (post). I would prefer to have a quick release clamp that I could screw down ONTO the rail post and then put a plate on my camera to attach the two. I can not seem to find a CLEAR explanation in any of the ads for clamps/adapters that say they will screw down ON a tripod post/rail post. They all seem to indicate that they screw INTO a head of some sort (not ONTO).

I want a 1/4" or 3/8" screw mount hole in the bottom of the clamp...not a screw comming out of the bottom of the clamp to go into a ball head. Is there such and animal??Is that what the C-10 does? I really don't care about compatibility since I already have 3 different styles of qr plates now (Vanguard, Manfrotto and Rocketfish) and this would be just for my macro set-up.

Dan
(Nikon D800,V2,Sony HX400V,Lumix ZS40)
"I don't read, I just look at pictures" - Andy Warhol

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G