Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Black lighting with two Nikon's R!

Bug

Michigan, US
237 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Bug Gold Member Nikonian since 06th Mar 2007
Fri 04-May-12 04:18 AM

I received for Christmas the Nikon speedlight commander kit for micro shots.

I also taken a one-two day workshop with Mike Hagen, however long the workshop was, it left me a hunger and creative that I did not know I had in side of me,

One after noon the class did formal portraits using the three strobes.
#1 flash was mounted above the camera, #2 saw the standard portrait light and lastly #3 using a flash with a standard gell skin, and we controlling the back ground lighting. All lights work together with my SB800 as the commander. No extra wires, as flashes are working together with Nikons "wireless Creative Lighting System"

I currently own one SB800, one SB600 and the Nikon: Miro kit with two R1 speed lites, for micro lighting.

I would like to use my (2) R1 speed lights for that extra portrait back ground lighting.

I would like to find a source that is selling a single “T " bar that mounts on one of my tripod. The R1 can not use the standard slip in shoe, as the R! The R1 was designed to use a lens ring. I would use the plastic foot plate that came with the micro R1 flash system.
Can not seem to find a single bar to screw in so I can clamp, does any know where I can look for such an item?

G