Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Feisol CM-1471 monopod and RRS MH-01 Head

fdanlo

US
176 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
fdanlo Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Feb 2010
Thu 19-Apr-12 02:54 AM

Hi,

I am an avid birder(sans camera)who is just starting to get into bird photography.So I was looking for a set-up that was efficient and portable to carry in the field.
I recently acquired a Feisol CM-1471 monopod and a RRS MH-01 head. I am using this combination with my D90 and a Sigma 150-500. The Feisol CM1471 is amazingly stout. I chose it over the smaller CM1401 as I wanted the metal mounting head over the hard plastic. I also got a spike. The twist leg locks make it easy and quick to change heights.
I put a Hejnar clamp on it and mount the RRS head. Very secure. The RRS head is a sweet piece, aesthetically pleasing and functional. It is the first piece of RRS equipment I have owned. I bought an RRS plate for my lens. Both Feisol and RRS were helpful in answering my questions.
An added benefit is that I can also mount my 65mm spotting scope to the monopod head and haul that around without lugging the tripod.
Definitely did a lot of reading on this site.Great resource.
Thanks,
frank

Visit my Nikonians gallery.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chloesview/

G