Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

rock-solid ball head

shawnd

US
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
shawnd Registered since 13th Feb 2012
Wed 04-Apr-12 08:04 AM

Are there any ball heads that are completely immoveable once tightened down? I'm mounting fairly light camera loads (D3x with 100mm lens... perhaps ~8 lbs) at precise angles in the belly ports of an airplane where they are subject to some bouncing around, light to moderate wind stress, and near freezing temps, and I want the cameras to maintain their precise positioning over the course of several days/weeks. I realize a ball head is not the best design for this purpose but it does give me the flexibility I need in positioning the cameras. I'm currently using Sunwayfoto DB-36TRLR with varying degrees of success (ie, 1 feels rock solid, 2 I can move with moderate pressure, and 1 moved on its own... even though they are all setup the same way). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: rock-solid ball head

G