Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

MaGiCa recommendation

kd5ezk

Los Alamitos, US
282 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kd5ezk Silver Member Charter Member
Sat 03-Mar-12 10:54 PM

Hello, all!

I'm trying to figure out which MaGiCa option might be the best one for me. I'm planning to fly to the Moab area in a couple of months for a workshop. Here's my parameters:

• The heaviest thing I'd place on top is a D300/MB-D10/17-55mm f/2.8 combo. The heaviest combo I've used to date is a D300/MB-D10/70-200 f/2.8 when I rented the lens.
  • My viewing height is 64 inches on level ground.
  • I am also looking to get a backpack that will also serve as my carry-on. Right now, the leading candidate is the Think Tank Airport Antidote V2.0 (my laptop is going with me).
  • I would prefer, if possible, not to have to check any photo equipment (of any real value), including the tripod.

Is this doable? I've been working the numbers for a bit, but the modifications made in the MaGiCa kits have muddled the details for me (it would be more helpful if each version simply had the total height - tripod with the Markins TH-200, plus the Q10... add the extra 5 inches for my D300/MB-D10, and I'd be there).

Wiley
DC Nikonian

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: MaGiCa recommendation