Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Sign up Login
Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Lake Stevens, US
56 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Elrique64a Gold Member Nikonian since 19th Feb 2012
Thu 01-Mar-12 06:30 AM

Hey all.

Have a little bit of a problem, hoping someone here can help me out. I shoot both a D80 and a D7000. Both cameras are fitted with after market (non-Nikon) verticle grips. I usually have my 28-105 mounted on the D80 and my 18-200 mounted on my D7000.

I have a gimbal head otw now and the Kirk replacement tripod collar for my 80-400. I would like to use the gimbal for both cameras/lenses as well as the 80-400. So i guess what I'm looking for is an arca plate that is long enough to allow me to move the camera(s) back and forth to adjust for each lens's nodal point and still provide some support for the lens. It needs to be long enough to give some front to back and tall enough to not have to remove the grip on either camera. I know neither lens is super heavy, but I feel I should have some additional support on them just to be safe.

I'm thinking this might need to be a custom job, unless someone is aware of anyone manufacturing one like this already?

Mike G.