Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
pasknucklehead

US
1527 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008
Wed 29-Feb-12 06:10 PM

I have been sitting here reading until my eyes are about to fall out. I didn't want to bother anyone with my tripod question but my poor eyes can't read anymore. This is what I need and if you guys would be so willing to lead me in the right direction, I would be forever greatful.
I have a d90 and I mostly use my 18-200 vr lens, my 105 macro and sometimes my 70-300 sigma(no vr) lens. I like to do macro and backyard bird photos. When I use the cheap pan,tilt tripod I have now, especially for macro, it doesn't allow me to shoot from low on the ground, it stays at about 2 feet high and I miss a lot of shots because it is too tall. Then when I use it for my birds, (I sit in a blind) when I go to pan a little, it goes eek eek eek, like it needs oil. So I'm missing a lot of neat shots because it's noisy. I've never used a good tripod so I probably would be in heaven I'm sure if I touched one. I don't know what I"m missing. I'm also in one of those categories of a small budget, but getting tired of not being low enough and squeaking. I think I would like a ball head, it seems like everytime I go to move the pan/tilt tripod that I have, it's always the direction it doesn't move is the one direction I need. Please help. thanks friends.

Darlene

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Hi everyone