Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need help on Ballhead decision

StolenHorse

US
82 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
StolenHorse Registered since 04th Jan 2010
Sun 09-Jan-11 02:39 AM

I am upgrading my tripod to a Manfrotto 055CXPRO3. That was not a to tough of a decision. However, after reviewing hundreds of Ballheads, I am lost. I am just not sure which one or brand to go with. I do know that I do not want to spend no more than $500 or below on tripod/ballhead. The 055 is $364.00 at B&H, so that leaves around $150.00 for a ballhead. If need be, I could switch to an aluminum tripod and spend the extra cash on the ballhead if $150.00 will not get me a decent ballhead that will handle my gear and tasks. I will be using a D-90 with battery grip, Nikon 70-200mm 2.8 vr, Sb-600 and shorter & lighter lenses. I do nature, wildlife, landscape, sports, portrait and up and down the street. I do have a RRS LCF-10 B foot for my 70-200 but I don't have a plate to mount it on. I do have the Nikon foot that came with the 70-200 and may have to use it instead of the RRS. It just makes my head hurt trying to figure out what is the best combination to make all this work with the budget I have.
Thanks

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need help on Ballhead decision
                                                  Reply message RE: Disregard this one

G