Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
CPP

Lexington S.C. ( just moved f, US
152 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
CPP Registered since 22nd Jun 2004
Wed 05-Jan-11 08:51 PM | edited Thu 06-Jan-11 03:17 AM by CPP

Anyone every use a Mongoose Gimbal. I wonder how it compares to a Wimberly II gimbal.

some info from their site;

M-3.6 Mongoose Gimbal Action Head The Mongoose M-3.6 builds on our popular M-3.5 with a number of significant refinements: 1) an added dead bolt style lock to both axis for those occasions where you want to carry a mounted lens over your shoulder, change a tele-extender, or remove the Mongoose from the tripod; 2) the tension control is now for tension control only to increase pad life; 3) a stainless steel tension screw for increased strength; a four lobe knob for easy grip and compatibility with the low mount; 5) a slightly smaller form for easier packing. Full gimbal action with easy to reach tension and lock controls, adjustable CAM action quick release fits ALL popular ARCA style plates. A light weight sleek shape makes it easy to pack or carry, even in a large pocket. Weight: 1 lbs. 8 ounces. Packing dimensions: Upper arm L; 7.6"; Lower arm L 5.3"; Depth 2.75" at widest point (knob); Profile, 1.8" at thickest point

http://stores.4gdphoto.com/StoreFront.bok

Just wondering since they have come out with a newer version, but I will most likely go with a Sidekick or since I will add a 500 in a year to the Wimberly II

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Mongoose Gimbals

G