Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Survey - lever clamp compatibility

nrothschild

US
10916 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
nrothschild Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Registered since 25th Jul 2004
Thu 16-Dec-10 01:01 PM

We are getting questions almost every day about lever clamps. This is particularly true now that Markins has a lever clamp, removing a huge cost obstacle.

I have gone through a long series of long posts now, attempting to explain things as I understand them, yet handicapped because much of my experience is based on my RRS lever clamp, my particular set of plates, bought over a 6 year period, and how I extrapolate that experience to the newer levers such as the Markins adjustable lever. At best these are admittedly tortuous posts because I think it is a complex issue with (too) many unknowns, particularly potential sample variation in plates and levers

I am not seeing any reports here about problems. I assume no news is good news but we all know about assumptions.

I would appreciate it if anyone with a lever clamp, by any manufacturer, would post to this thread with their experiences, good or bad, with their clamp and their plates. In particular I am interested in "mis-matched" plates, such as Markins plates in RRS levers, Markins and RRS/Wimberly/Kirk plates in adjustable levers, especially the Markins lever, and how well the adjustable lever deals with these issues.

Please indicate the make and model of lever clamp, approximate or exact age, and the make and model of the plates you have used, with comments as to compatibility.

Because of the unknowable effects of potential sample variation, all input is appreciated.

my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Survey - lever clamp compatibility