Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Bogen/Manfrotto 3021 or Gitzo 2220 tripod or...

Zookroo1

Bradenton, US
9 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Zookroo1 Registered since 17th Jan 2004
Sat 17-Jan-04 03:06 PM

Hello everybody. Let me start by saying that this board is very informative and a fun place to gain all the knowledge you can handle and then some. I've been hanging around reading as much as possible on all topics for a couple of months while educating myself in technique, digital technique, gear and everything in between. I'm slowing building up my arsenal of equipment with the best I can afford. I figure a good pod and head is a pretty good to pick up next since my old Velbon tripod requires the self timer on every shot to avoid camera shake. So I've checked out the 3021BPRO and the 2220 and they are pretty similar. I like to shoot pretty much anything including macro so I like the flexibilty that they provide. I figure either leg lock style I would get used to quickly. I hope to get a Markins ballhead to go with it. Also, I'm about 5'8". I know a few people who love the 3021 and it is about $60 cheaper, so I would say it has a slight edge unless you guys can convince me that the Gitzo (or maybe another I haven't mentioned) is a bit better. I'll have plenty of flash, printer, lens, workflow...etc questions for everybody soon, so talk at you later. Thanks!

Brian B

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Bogen/Manfrotto 3021 or Gitzo 2220 tripod or...

G