Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wimberley comparision to be made

piniongear

Houston Texas, US
466 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006
Fri 03-Sep-10 09:30 PM

Recently I purchased two GT3541LS tripods.
That was not planned, but it happened nonetheless, due to one being back ordered.
I could not find a ready buyer, so I decided to keep the extra tripod and mount a Wimberley gimbal on it.

Now with the Wimberley I may be headed toward another double purchase.
I bought a new WH-100 (old model) from Kirk Photo and will receive it next week.
I do not think this is one that I want to keep though.
So I called Wimberley this morning asking questions about the differences between the WH-100 and the WH-200 II.
Mike at Wimberley suggested I take them up on the trial offer of having the WH-200 for 60 day period with no charge.
If I like it at the end of 60 days, I then buy it.
If not, then return it and pay only the shipping charge.

That seems fair (more than fair in fact) and I can compare the two models side by side.
Then I can buy the WH-200 and sell the WH-100 or return the 200.
Has anyone out there used both models and have any comment one way or the other regarding the feature differences of the two Wimberley models?
I have emailed back and forth with Neil about this a couple of times, but felt I just needed to use both to see for myself what the differences are.

My end intent is to have one tripod with the Makins Q10 and my Sidekick mounted on it, and the other tripod with a Wimberley gimbal pretty much permanently attached to that tripod.
The Sidekick can be quickly removed when I need just a ball head.
I think this will serve all my tripod needs for some time to come.
Perry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Wimberley comparision to be made