Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Gitzo 5561T+Markins Q3T-Photos+1 question

dgillilan

Williamsburg, US
2695 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
dgillilan Silver Member Nikonian since 15th May 2006
Fri 15-Jan-10 01:25 AM | edited Fri 15-Jan-10 09:30 PM by dgillilan

Dear Nikonians,
I have a question about an item in my Gitzo box that came along with my new Gitzo 5561T monopod; I also have a new Markins Q3T traveller ballhead mounted on it. A great setup for portable use when I choose not to take a tripod. (Also, I wondered if a bag would come with the Gitzo monopod, but did not see it listed in the contents on the B&H site. Guess what? A lightweight unpadded bag labelled "Gitzo" did come with the monopod ! It is not heavy duty but does have a draw string to close it and is a lot better than nothing, so I'm pleased to have the bag.
The question: a small item came in a baggie and I do not know what it is for. It looks like a piece of sturdy felt, is about 1 inch square(2.54 cm) that has a tassle on it like a key chain, with "Gitzo" on one side, came along with the monopod. Is this some type of cleaning square of felt to wipe off the monopod or what is it?

Update 5:30pm EST on 01/15/2010
Here are photos(taken with Nikon Coolpix P6000). Note the base size of the Markins is much smaller than the Gitzo 5561T mounting plate. Also, last photo is with monopod fully extended.

Visit My Nikonian Gallery: https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=94067
My Zenfolio Gallery: http://debragillilan.zenfolio.com/

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)
Attachment#5 (jpg file)

Subject