Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Tripod Help/Reccomendations

zlwags85

US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zlwags85 Registered since 10th Jul 2009
Fri 10-Jul-09 02:42 PM

Hello -

I have been reading a lot lately and I'm looking to get a lightweight setup for hiking and general use. I came accross the Feisol 3441S travel tripod that seems to look pretty good. However, there is another tripod that is just slightly less compact that could be another option as well. I'm a novice and have never owned a tripod. The worst things about Feisol I could find was the locking mechanism which I think they have updated.

Could someone suggest if this would be a good choice and if not what a comporable set of legs would be for 300 or less. Also, what BH would be a good choice if I did go with the Feisol? I was looking at the Monfrotto 486 with QR plate. Would that be compact enough for the legs to flip over? Or, is there a much better BH in that price range. It seemed there were a lot of good things to say about that Monfrotto and I have another QR Monfrotto on my Monopod.

Any help would be great!!!!

I should add I'm mainly shooting with a D60 w/ 18-200mm VR Nikkor lens.

Thanks much.

G