Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

My Feisol 3342 Leg Came Off!!!!

Blue Leaf

Dallas, US
126 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Blue Leaf Registered since 17th Feb 2006
Sat 21-Feb-09 01:52 PM | edited Sat 21-Feb-09 01:53 PM by Blue Leaf

I purchased a Feisol 3342 about 2 weeks (Feb 8 to be exact) ago and today was my second time using it. I got to my location and started setting up. I extended the leg tubes and was beginning to straighten them to set the tripod down when next thing I know one of the legs came completely unattached from the base. I flipped out! My first thought was is this supposed to happen? So I fittled with it a bit. Both other legs were on tight as could be. I was able to slide the leg back on but it now comes of with ease. If I'm missing something about how to operate it then please tell me! I'll feel like an idiot but that's fine as long I get it properly working.

Is this a common occurance with Feisol tripods? Can I return the tripod for a new one? I'm not sure if just got a bad copy or what but needless to say I am very upset about this. This is pretty crappy if they can come apart this easy. Ugh!!

I sent an e-mail to Kerry at RBC to see what my options are. I'll update as I find out more.

Here are few pictures

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3662/3297614916_a9d20d1601_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3580/3296791977_eb3fd5bc6f_b.jpg

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: My Feisol 3342 Leg Came Off!!!!
Reply message RE: My Feisol 3342 Chinese Gitzo
                                                  Reply message RE: My Feisol 3342 & tools
                                                  Reply message More Feisol CT-3442 Leg Problems...
                                                  Reply message RE: More Feisol CT-3442 Leg Problems...
                                                  Reply message RE: Feisol CT-3442 Column Kit
                                                  Reply message RE: CT-3442 Feisol Ballhead, M10 vs. M20
                                                  Reply message RE: CT-3442 Feisol Ballhead, M10 vs. M20 (and others)
                                                  Reply message RE: CT-3442 Feisol Ballhead, M10 vs. M20
                                                  Reply message RE: Feisol CB-50D, M20, bag & legs flipping
                                                  Reply message RE: My Feisol 3342 with Markins M10
                                                  Reply message RE: Feisol 3342, Markins & folding legs
                                                  Reply message RE: Feisol Spider & leg angle failures
                                                  Reply message Feisol Leg Glue & Extreme Cold
                                                  Reply message RE: Feisol Leg Glue & Extreme Cold

G