Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Would the Wimberley Sidekick be the best tripod mounting system for the AF-S VR NIKKOR 200mm f/2G IF-ED?

timberline12k

Kansas City, US
490 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
timberline12k Registered since 10th Sep 2008
Wed 07-Jan-09 02:26 AM | edited Wed 07-Jan-09 03:03 AM by timberline12k

Would the Wimberley Sidekick be the best tripod mounting system for the AF-S VR NIKKOR 200mm f/2G IF-ED? What if any components are needed to center the lens over the ball head? I would like to purchase a Wimberley Sidekick, (after I sell my guitar - Neil, that is how I got past my pain threshold for the 200mm).

My current equipment includes a D700 with MB-D10, Markins M20, GITZO GT3541XLS tripod, Monostat RS16SL monopod, and Kirk L-Bracket BL-D700G to use with my AF-S Zoom-NIKKOR 17-35mm f/2.8D IF-ED, AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G, and AF-S VR Micro-NIKKOR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED. Because I plan to use the tripod for telephoto, portraits and landscape, I am not interested in the full Wimberley.

Can I use the M-20 by itself until I add the Sidekick? Is it acceptable to move the M-20 back and forth between a tripod and monopod? Are there any balancing issues if a teleconverter is added to the mix?

Thanks,

David
D700 | 21/2.8 ZF.2 | 50/2 ZF.2 | 85/1.4 G | 100/2 ZF.2 | 200/2 G | 24-120/4 G

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Would the Wimberley Sidekick be the best tripod mou...
Reply message RE NIKKOR 200mm f/2G foot & other stuff
Reply message RE: RE NIKKOR 200mm f/2G foot & other stuff

G