Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Gitzo Traveler and Markins ball head?

blingo999

US
10 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
blingo999 Registered since 03rd Dec 2008
Wed 03-Dec-08 08:35 PM | edited Thu 04-Dec-08 01:45 PM by blingo999

Anyone have experience to let me know how the M10 behaves on the Traveler? I just ordered the 1541T and need to decide between the Markins Q3T and M10.

If I put an M10 on the 1451T would I be constantly annoyed by something not closing, rubbing, squeaking, being top-heavy, etc, etc?

The Q3T is made for that tripod but I'm trying to decide if the M10 will work on it -- that is, if I let one section of the legs out a little to help the locking collars clear the M10, will it still fold in a useful way? And in general, is there any reason the M10 won't work with the 1541T?

If not then I will likely get the M10 in case I ever need it's ability to handle longer lenses than the Q3 (in which case I would get a series-2 tripod as well).

The two largest lenses I expect I would use on the 1541T/Q3T combo would be the 180mm f/2 and 24-70 f/2.8. I've already determined that this setup can handle the 24-70, although the M10 would do it a little smoother with room to grow.

Thank you in advance.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G