Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Any experience with Gitzo ballheads?

jack

Philipsburg, PA, United States, US
0 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jack Registered since 01st Aug 2004
Thu 19-Jul-01 11:53 PM

I just purchared an older Gitzo tripod (Reporter Performance Gilux) which doesn't have a model number on it, but seems to be solid. For $100.00 I figured I there wasn't much to lose. I was leaning towards purchasing the Kirk BH-1 ballhead, but just got my Gitzo catalog in the mail today. I see they've got a Gitzo G1377M center ballhead (magnesium) and it looks like a new item. Now, I've never owned a tripod much less know anything about Gitzo, but is this a new ballhead? Does anyone out there have practical experience with this head in the field? I own an F5 and my biggest lens is an 80-200mm AF-D with collar. I enjoy taking landscape photos, and am going to central Mexico (Guanajuato, San Miguel) before the year's out and don't want to be without a quality ballhead. Tell me what you think and have a great day. Thanks, Jack

Jack Frank

G