Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Gitzo 1127 MK II + Markins Q3 question:)

jackwilliams

US
10 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jackwilliams Registered since 24th Mar 2008
Mon 24-Mar-08 03:04 AM | edited Mon 24-Mar-08 03:07 AM by jackwilliams

Hi all,

Recently i decided to upgrade my tripod due to weight issues, the old manfrotto combo was (2.5kg) and not very good on the back when i go hiking, and i realise it tends to be left at home most of the time due to the weight. so what i really needed was a lightweight setup under 1.5kg. I would mainly use it for landscapes and maybe the occasional macro/still life.

After going through the threads, i got a markins Q3, a beauty may i add, wonderfully light-weight ballhead with a fantastic load ratio. And i got a Gitzo 1127 mkII cf legs (discontinued model) off this guy mint, for about 230 USD.

I thought i had "the ideal combo" for about 1.6kg, which is pretty light for my needs for backpacking/hiking, but after reading through tripod articles, i began to worry if my gitzo legs would be sturdy enough for use.

My camera kit: Nikon D300, 17-55mm (760g), 105vr (860kg)

The tripod legs is rated for a max load of 4kg, tripod head rated for 35kg max, and my camera setup probably won't exceed 2kg.

Therefore, my question is, would my tripod legs be sturdy enough for my use? or do i have to get the latest gitzo models with all the g-locks, alr, etc, that my current model lacks? Has anyone used the 1127 mkII cf model before? please advice:)

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Gitzo 1127 MK II + Markins Q3 question:)
               Reply message RE: Gitzo 1127 MK II + Markins Q3 question:)cro
                                             Reply message RE: Gitzo 1127 MK II + Markins Q3 question
                                                  Reply message lRE: Gitzo 1127 MK II + Markins Q3 question
                                                  Reply message RE: Gitzo 1127 MK II + Markins Q3 questiona
                                                  Reply message RE: Gitzo 1127 MK II + Markins Q3 questiona

G