Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wimberley Sidekick

BorderGraham

US
630 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BorderGraham Registered since 05th Oct 2004
Thu 28-Feb-08 06:47 PM

I will be acquiring a 200-400 in a few months and I want to use the Sidekick as it's mount but I have the Bogen 488RC4 ball head and QR RC4 plate. This will not work with the Sidekick. Can I not just repace the QR plate with a Wimberly C-10 QR clamp and not have to change the ball head? Any drawbacks in using this combination?

Thanks..............

----------------A Photo records history better than the written word----------------

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Wimberley Sidekick
               Reply message RE: Wimberley Sidekick replacement foot 200-400mm
                                   Reply message RE: Mounting the Markins M20

G