Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Tell me the Bad Things about the Feisol Tournament Class

William Symonds

Bogor, ID
1559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
William Symonds Registered since 22nd Jan 2007
Fri 28-Mar-08 07:21 PM

Whilst waiting for my Singapore trip to pick up a Markins head I've been looking at tripods on the web and here too.

It seems the Feisol 3342/3442 are just over 1kg and will support 10kg at half the price of a Gitzo 2 series. . They don't have centre columns which is great coz I don't want one! This new "Tournament Class" line seems to get pretty favourable reviews too...

They will ship here too and are remarkably responsive to email enquiry - even at 6am on a Sunday morning!

I am 5' 9"/1.77m - if I fitted a M10 and D200 atop a 3442 would it be high enough? My guess is that it would be OK without a column - I don't much want a monopod on top of a tripod?

And - please - tell me the bad things about Feisol Tournament Class tripods .. and also their 1401 Monopod which appears to be a steal?

Thanks

William Symonds
Bogor, West Java
www.willsymonds.com
https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=123586

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Tell me the Bad Things about the Feisol Tournament ...
          Reply message Re; Tell me the Bad Things about the Feisol Tournament ...
               Reply message RE: Re; Tell me the Bad Things about the Feisol Tournam...
                    Reply message Please on't tell me any more Bad Things about the Feiso...
                         Reply message RE: Please on't tell me any more Bad Things about the F...
                                        Reply message ase on't tell me any more Bad Things about the Feisol T...
                                             Reply message RE: ase on't tell me any more Bad Things about the Feis...
                                                  Reply message RE: Please don't tell me any more Bad Things about the ...
               Reply message Feisol's amazing delivery service
                    Reply message RE: Feisol's amazing delivery service - and Markins Q3/...
                                             Reply message RE: Feisol and markins - dead heat for amazing delivery...
                                             Reply message RE: Feisol and markins - dead heat for amazing delivery...
                                             Reply message Epilogue
                                             Reply message RE: Epilogue II
                                             Reply message RE: Epilogue
                                             Reply message RE: Epilogue
          Reply message EPILOGUE III - the monopod arrives
               Reply message RE: EPILOGUE III - the monopod arrives
                                             Reply message Only good to tell aout the Feisol Tournament Class
                                             Reply message RE: Only good to tell aout the Feisol Tournament Class
Reply message fRE: Tell me the Bad Things about the Feisol Tournament...

G