Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Manfrotto Proball heads - Hydostat range question

Yachtsman

Salisbury, UK
551 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Yachtsman Registered since 10th Jun 2006
Sun 18-Nov-07 01:32 PM

Sorry if this is ancient news to everyone, but I've only just come across this new range of heads (and QR plates).

I presently use a 486RC2 (with the 200PL-14 QR plates) on my 055PROB tripod. I would prefer to be able to set my head so that I am able to move it, but it remains where it's put when I stop. Does that make sense? I have read here that other manufacturers already offer ball heads that will do this.

Do these new "Hydrosta" heads allow me to do this? I shoot motorsport amonst other things, with a long and heavy tele zoom, so maybe I'm asking too much? I was setting up to shoot a cresent moon the other night at 70mm and when I took my hand away from the locking thumbscrew, the moon disappeared out of the top of the frame!

Richard

G