Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What tripod to buy?

shugo

Oklahoma City, US
33 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
shugo Registered since 03rd Sep 2007
Thu 11-Oct-07 06:36 PM

I am a newbie and have to say the tripod and ball head thing has me a little confused on what to buy. My camera body is a D200 my largest lens is the 70 200mm vr. I would like to get a tripod and ball head that would support the before mentioned equipment and be light enough to take on a hike etc.

Ideally I would like to spend around $250(USD) and get both pieces. I don't even know if that is realistic or not. I don't mind to spend more if I need to because I don't want to buy something and not be happy with it and then have to spend more money on something different.

I would like some suggestions about what tripod you guys would recommend and what ball head (assuming I need a ball head and not something else).

Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What tripod to buy?