Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

WOW my Markins Q3 Emile arrived very impressed.

James23p

Memphis, US
11234 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography Nikonian since 25th Apr 2004
Tue 25-Sep-07 06:30 PM

I have a Giottos large ball head and monster tripod that I use for my heavy lens, but I also have a Manfrotto 3001N and I wanted a solid light ball head for this to do some landscape stuff and still be light and small. Well I was skeptical if the quality was that different or worth the extra $125 bucs but I can now say yes the Markins ballhead is worth every penny.

So being bored and just for kicks I loaded my huge 500 f4 Ai-P on the Q3 it handled it without batting an eye and I could even find the sweet spot. Amazing a huge lens on this small ballhead. I can now see a Markins M20 for the large lens and the Q3 for my every day stuff.

Jim

Share, Learn and Inspire
www.nikonians.org

Click on image to view larger version

I will use film until the last roll and last lab are gone. Go Navy

G