Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Bogen 3262proball vs 3413 ballheads

Rahim

Morgantown, US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Rahim Registered since 27th Jun 2002
Thu 24-Oct-02 11:28 AM

My current gear includes a N80+MB16 and 50mm 1.8D, and I plan on acquiring a 28-105mm. I have my eyes on the 3001BPRO, and am going nuts on deciding on a ballhead. I couldn't find the difference between these two and didn't want to get stuck something I didn't want. Can someone enlighten me to the difference betweent these two. Secondly, how necessary is the QR? I don't plan on rapidly switching cameras as I don't own any others. I will however buy a digital camcorder later, but I understand those work better with a pan and tilt head - which brings me to my third question... is a pan and tilt head a safe compromise for both purposes, or will I do better with both a ball hesd and a pan & tilt head for video and stills. And lastly, what is the value of the plates that we intermittently hear so much about. Isn't a good ballhead enough for stability for the kind of equipment I have mentioned?

RD.

The first step in acquiring knowledge is figuring out what you don't know.

RD.

"The first step in learning is figuring out what you don't know."

G