Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Real tripod -- Feisol, but also Feisol Ballhead?

Ferguson

Cape Coral, US
5751 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004
Wed 17-Jan-07 02:50 AM

After doing a lot of reading, I think I am going to try the Feisol CT-3371 tripod. It seems to be a value, serious but about half the Gitzo price.

How about the CB-50HN Ball head. At $139 it also seems a deal, but unlike the tripods I can find very few people who have reported on them.

I'm not looking to save money to get junk, but the tripod reports that I have read seem to place Feisol as a quality tripod. So I am tempted to assume the same of the ballhead?

But I would sure like to get opinions from someone who has tried them, perhaps and also a Markins or RRS.

PS. Note I want a solid platform but this will be used sporadically for a hobby, with the longest being probably a D80 with 70-200VR and TC-20E, I guess potentially one day with a SB-800 at the same time though that seems less likely. I'm 6' and plan to use without a center column (which is optional).

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://linwoodferguson.smugmug.com

Linwood

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://www.captivephotons.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Real tripod -- Feisol, but also Feisol Ballhead?
                                                  Reply message RE: Real tripod -- Feisol spikes
                                                  Reply message RE: Real tripod -- Feisol spikes

G