Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Manfrotto/Bogen ballheads

geo

Roma, IT
224 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
geo Basic Member
Wed 14-Feb-01 01:10 PM

Hello everybody!

I would appreciate your help in choosing a new ball head. I own a Manfrotto 055NAT tripod with a 168 heavy duty ball. I am not at ease with the head. It has a not much smooth movement, expecially with my 500/4 P ED IF on it; plus, when I lock it, it moves a bit, changing the framing I have set. I do not know whether this is normal with ballheads, or the 168 is undersized for that heavy lens. I am considering switching to a Manfrotto 468RC proball. The design seems to be similar to that of Arca and Kirk ballheads. The thing that holds me back is that I read and hear a lot of blessing about Arca and Kirk, and nothing about the Manfrotto proball. The price difference is huge. Is there any fellow Nikon user that has any experience with the Manfrotto proball, or has been able to compare it with the Kirk and the Arca?
Thanks a lot,

Geo
http://www.infinito.it/utenti/maremmaphoto

G