Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Just pampered myself with a new tripod...

Rimon

Modi'in, IL
213 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Rimon Registered since 03rd May 2002
Wed 16-Jan-08 01:22 PM

Hi all,

Just returned from a 3-week trip to the US, and while taking pics in the White Mountains in New Hampshire, I discovered that I couldn't take vertical pics with it. And why? because I was stupid and I didn't know that there was a difference between a video and camera tripod. So while in Toronto, I entered a GREAT photography shop (called Downtown Camera), very near the Underground city mall. One of the salesmen introduced me to the Manfrotto 190CL tripod. Fairly heavy, but once I mounted it on the Lowepro Mini Trekker, it was more than OK. It came with the 141RC quick release ball head, which does tilt vertically, up/down, sideways and is very easy to use.

It came at a very good price (190 Canadian, about 130 US).

An example pic with this tripod, at Ottawa's Parliament Hill sound and light show. This pic was taken at manual, with a 50 mm. lens opened at f/2.8 at 3 seconds, with the cable release. The film was Fuji Superia 400.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Rimon Rafiah
Modi'in, Israel

G