Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

FYI... Sending money internationally to Markins or...

mklamb

26 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mklamb Basic Member
Thu 29-Aug-02 05:45 PM

Hi All,

I have been reading about concerns and issues about sending money to Markins (in case someone wants to buy the Markins products) or to other international destinations (from the US or anywhere else)

I have used a website (http://www.c2it.com) from the US (not sure about other countries), a Citibank site that allows one to send money internationally for just $10 via a MC/Visa or Direct Debit from one's bank account.

The site takes money from your account (credit or debit) and converts the money into the appropriate international currency. They can perform a Direct Deposit into the individual account or send a check to that person.

There are no fees to send money within the US (in case someone wants to do that). Also, your Credit card company will not charge international conversion fees since the money is being removed in $. The only thing is that some credit card companies MAY consider this transaction as a cash advance. Please check with your credit card company.

If anyone has questions, please contact me and I may be able to provide more details. The easiest would be to check out the web site.

I posted this originally in the "Tripod+Ballhead Recommendations?" thread.

If the moderators would like to move it to a better location, please do so.

Thanx,
Mahesh

Thanx,
Mahesh

G