Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Sign up Login
Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Architectural plate?


1569 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
grmedhat1 Registered since 24th Mar 2002
Sun 18-Aug-02 10:57 PM

I was wondering if the 3157NR architectural plate can be used on any camera/grip/etc.? From the picture on Manfrotto's site it appears to have a rib or lip on one side. Looking at the bottom of my F80 and MB-16 I see several ribs but none appear to match the plate. Or do they?

I understand the purpose of the architectural plate but is it only for use on cameras that have a matching 'channel' for such a plate?


Happy Shooting :)