Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

"L " brackets needed for F2 and -3

Arthur Laurent

Leesburg, US
530 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Arthur Laurent Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2006
Fri 21-Jul-06 11:50 AM

Does anyone know of a manufacturer for a precisely-measured "L" bracket for the F2A-MD3-MB2 combination? I looked on the Really Right Stuff and Kirk web sites, and found only generic flat plates (and the generic L's don't really work well, esp on this stack. Not that this stopped me from trying to make them fit, y'know...)

I'm also looking for an "L" for a few F3HP-MD4's. RRS comes right out and says they don't make a custom L for the MD4. Because of the offset placement of the tripod jack on the MD4, the generic slotted L's don't work well. (The ridge is on the wrong side.)

Am I going to be forced to use a generic flat plate, then drop the head down into the Markins notch when I want to make a portrait?

Thanks for any help with this!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G