Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

A Gotzo G1548 is equivalent to WHAT??????????

nikonF5man

US
84 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
nikonF5man Registered since 25th Apr 2002
Tue 23-Jul-02 01:29 AM

7/22/2002 Monday Evening 10:00 PM EST

Can any Nikonian tell me:

1. What is the Gitzo aluminum equivalent to their Gitzo G1548 carbon fiber tripod?

2. Is there a Bogen/Manfrotto carbon fiber equivalent to Gitzo's carbon fiber G1548 tripod?

3. Is there a Bogen/Manfrotto aluminum equivalent to Gitzo's carbon fiber G1548?

4. Why are Gitzo's geared (short or tall) columns so darn expensive ($400.00 range) compared to the overall cost of the tripods themselves?

5. Are the carbon fiber tripods really worth the extra money compared to their aluminum equivalents? Is the saving in weight really that much of a factor?

I've used aluminum for over 30 years and I have never known that there was a difference. Will I be that impressed in the weight savings? The money difference is really got me puzzled!

Tony

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: A Gotzo G1548 is equivalent to WHAT??????????

G