Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Long exposure on shaky surface

drjimbob

Bowie, US
15520 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
drjimbob Team Member Awarded In Memoriam for  sharing countless hours of his expertise no matter how simple or complex the question, and especially for his eternal good nature. Charter Member
Wed 16-Jan-08 01:22 PM

Sorry about the triple post, but noone in the Pictures forum is answering my question at the end of this post - which I just moved up to here: Are there any "floating" or dampened tripod heads for situations like this - shaky bridges or other less than stable surfaces?

July 5th, sunset from a bridge at Annapolis Harbor.

F100, Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8 , Fuji Velvia, f/11 at 1/2 second. I was using a tripod, but there was a lot of traffic, and I could feel the bridge shake. This one came out pretty well, I think. This color combination lasted less than 30 seconds.

Thanks -

ENJOY THE DAY & CAPTURE THE MOMENT Bob T

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

A BAD DAY BEHIND A NIKON BEATS A GOOD DAY BEHIND A DESK - Bob Tomerlin
My Nikonians Gallery

G