Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Arca Swiss Monoball B2

nikonF5man

US
84 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
nikonF5man Registered since 25th Apr 2002
Mon 08-Jul-02 02:57 PM

7/8/2002 Monday 11:42 AM EST

I am trying to locate operating instructions and maintenance instructions for a Arca Swiss Monoball B2.

I purchased one used recently and am a little puzzeled about its operation.

Basically:

1. What is the circular recessed screw on the large numerical Knob thats third down from the top? (Top knob being quickset plate tightening knob, Second knob (non-munerical) being left to right shift knob, Third being the largest knob that has numerical settings on it that control front to back movement, and finally the tinyest knob (non-numerical) that controls 360 degree horizontal movement.

2. When the larger on the two spheres (second down) are at either the front most or rear most position is it common to see the slight sheen of the lubricant on the ball itself?

3. Is there ever a need to lubricate the ball(s) by the consumer and if so with what, when and how often?

4. Is there ever a need to loosen the three philips head screws on the bottom on the monoball itself? This surface is where you screw it into the tripod mounting screw.

5. Any other hints or suggestions that I should know to do or not to do?

Tony

G