7/8/2002 Monday 11:42 AM EST
I am trying to locate operating instructions and maintenance instructions for a Arca Swiss Monoball B2.
I purchased one used recently and am a little puzzeled about its operation.
1. What is the circular recessed screw on the large numerical Knob thats third down from the top? (Top knob being quickset plate tightening knob, Second knob (non-munerical) being left to right shift knob, Third being the largest knob that has numerical settings on it that control front to back movement, and finally the tinyest knob (non-numerical) that controls 360 degree horizontal movement.
2. When the larger on the two spheres (second down) are at either the front most or rear most position is it common to see the slight sheen of the lubricant on the ball itself?
3. Is there ever a need to lubricate the ball(s) by the consumer and if so with what, when and how often?
4. Is there ever a need to loosen the three philips head screws on the bottom on the monoball itself? This surface is where you screw it into the tripod mounting screw.
5. Any other hints or suggestions that I should know to do or not to do?