Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Will the Markins Q3 handle this load?

rhavyn

Fremont, US
30 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
rhavyn Basic Member
Tue 06-Jun-06 12:19 AM

From the specs I imagine it would be no problem, but I've never used a ball head before so I want to run this by people with more experience first.

I'm going to be getting a Feisol 3301N tripod in the near future and am now looking at heads. My current setup is a D70, 18-70DX, 70-300G (and I'm hoping that the Christmas Fairy might deliver an 80-400VR or 70-200VR + 1.4x and 2x TC so assume those to be my heaviest lenses) and an SB-800. The Feisol is rated to 15.4lbs and 1/3rd of the Q3's max load is about 22lbs so it seems to me that the legs + head combo will work fine. I just don't want to end up needing to buy another head because I chose the wrong one the first time. I'm not against buying the M10 if it's genuinely a better buy for what I'm going to do with it, but the wife would be happier if I spend less.

Thanks,
--Chris

G