Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
frankie

530 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
frankie Basic Member
Sat 17-Jun-00 12:14 AM

Well, now that I've comfortably seated myself into the world of my F100, it's time I gave up my 30 year old tripod for something a little more modern. I went looking, and they're not really expensive... Nor do they differ much from brand to brand.

I found a Slik who'se head tilts the other way, so it could accomodate my Stroboframe in verticle position...

Up until now, I've been using my Daiwah tripod, which my dad gave me to use when I was about 6... I actually have a pic of myself with my Kodak Instamatic 126 "taped" to the tripod head because it's plastic thread was stripped... very funny...

So, it's finally started to wear out, where the clutches don't hold too well, and the head is starting to feel a little chunky. Oh, and also it doesn't go up to eye level - I've got to bend over to look into the finder...

What are other people using...? I think I'd like a light tripod - much like the Daiwah, but is there really much difference in the name? A couple I looked at had plastic "quick-release" systems, which I think I'll avoid.

Cheeri'o...
Frankie...

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Time to buy new...
     Reply message Manfrotto 441 vs Gitzo 1127/1128
          Reply message Manfrotto Carbon #1 (Manfrotto 441/Bogen 3443)
               Reply message RE: Manfrotto Carbon #1 (Manfrotto 441/Bogen 3443)
                                        Reply message Very OT: Product liability in the USA
                                        Reply message RE: Very OT: Product liability in the USA

G