Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

General Advice Sought

BR

Glen Mills, US
542 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
BR Registered since 17th Nov 2006
Tue 29-Oct-13 05:12 PM

I am not a pro nor am I looking for something to travel with. Mainly, I take some photo equipment to a local park where I volunteer. I generally go with a bag that has a shoulder strap, containing a D700, a couple of lenses (the largest of which is the 180mm f/2.8), possibly a flash and some camera brackets for doing panoramas. The tripod, if taken, is carried separately.

Once I am at the location, I'll typically carry the camera with its strap over one shoulder and the camera bag over another (or possibly across my neck with the bag resting on my back). In any case, I am finding it a bit burdensome when a lot of walking is done.

So I started looking into rolling camera cases/bags but I am wondering if they are a good solution for the following reasons: they themselves weigh about 10 pounds and although they are not carried they still need to be pulled along (inertia, you know) and, they seem to have rather small wheels that won't be useful for occasionally wandering off the pavement.

I'd appreciate any suggestions/advice re. rolling carts vs. maybe a backpack type of bag.

Thanks.

Barry

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: General Advice Sought