Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Think tank street walker pro review

kamputty

Santa Cruz, US
197 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kamputty Registered since 04th Jan 2007
Sat 06-Apr-13 03:12 AM

Hi all,

Okay, got the think tank pro to replace my tamrac expedition 5 that I lost in the ocean...boo...

This is what I am carrying in the bag

14-24
24-70
70-200
D800e
Misc filters
Sb-910
Remote cable etc

1. The bag is thick. I can stand the 14-24 and 24-70 on end and that fits just fine
2. The 70-200 can only lay down. If I lay it down, there is about 3 inches above it and when I walk it moves in the bag. I had to add foam pads to stop the lens from banging around.
3. Because ther are only 2 rows how the dividers can be arranged, you are very limited on the configuration.
4. Now I added the sb-910, and now I ran out of room. The only configuration that works is the 70-200 connected to the camera, the 14-24 on end along with the 24-70 and flash.
5. I mainly have the other lens connected, so it would have been nice to have them attached to the camera ready for shooting. But no, I cannot as there is no room.
6. I depend on the d-rings to hold the camera and tripod
7. The bag works GREAT as a backpack. I carried all the equipment with the d800e and 14-24 attached on the left d-ring. Very light and smooth. I could carry this all day!
8. I attached my steroid tt belt on it just fine. With the belt, the whole issue of weight is a non issue. WORKED AWESOMELY. This is the way to go.
9. All in all, I am happy with the setup...(ie. not returning it!)...is it the best, no.

It comes with a rain cover.
There is a tripod pocket

At the end of the day,I give it a thumbs up.
Get a waist belt...it makes all the difference on long heavy walks.

Maybe more weatherised

Kam

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Think tank street walker pro review